Sweet Potato Lasagna Meal Prep Recipe
Comforting meals like lasagna remind us of home cooked dishes from our childhood. And who doesn’t love a healthy guilt free version!? Today we’re sharing this delicious and easy meal prep recipe.
Ingredients for 1 of 4 servings:
- 1.5 lb lean ground turkey
- 400g sweet potato (100g each lasagna, thinly sliced)
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced fat mozzarella
- 2 vine tomatoes
- 15oz organic tomato sauce (no salt)
- 1/3 cup mushrooms
- 1/3 cup red onions
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- ~1/2 cup chopped cilantro (use as desired)
- Seasonings: 1 tbsp Italian seasoning, sea salt, pepper
1. Set oven to 375F.
2. Slice sweet potato using a mandolin or sharp knife and separately chop up tomatoes, onions and mushrooms.
3. Mix cottage cheese with egg white and set aside.
4. Sauté red onions with garlic paste, then add meat, tomatoes, cilantro, mushrooms, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning.
5. Build lasagna. Add sweet potato slices, meat sauce, cottage cheese and then repeat. Top with mozzarella.
6. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes at 375F.
7. Enjoy 🙂
Approximate macros for 1 of 4 servings:
404 calories, 34g carbs, 7g fat, 53g protein, 5g fiber, 13g sugar
If you’re on the Get Fit Now Meal Plan, you’re a Lean, Clean & Green QUEEN!! You know how important it is to not only eat a diet rich in fruits and vegetables, but you also know what benefits these powerful foods provide for your beautiful body. If you haven’t joined the team yet, there’s no better time than now! Email Emily at email@example.com and she’ll get you all set up and ready to go 🙂