Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
We understand how sometimes after the weekend when Monday rolls around, we can feel un-inspired to do much of anything (other than spending countless hours scrolling through our social media feeds!) When that feeling hits, let’s resist the urge to procrastinate and implement some of the following ideas to inspire and get your “To-Do” list done! Our Get Fit Now Transformation Coaches came up with some tips on how to stay inspired and get more done.
Plan tomorrow tonight . Create a short list of simple to-do’s tonight before you go to bed so that you can sleep peacefully, without thinking of what needs to be done the next day. If you’re the type of person that suddenly wakes up with something on your mind that needs to be done, keep a small notebook and pen by your night table so you can jot it down and get your required shut-eye.
- Use inspiring quotes. Write down some inspirational quotes on a post-it note and keep it where you can look at it and give yourself a little inspiration any time of day.
- Play your favorite music. Playing your favorite tunes can lift your spirits, block distractions while you are doing something, and genuinely put you in a good mood. Music tends to pump you up and work more efficiently.
- Remind yourself of goals. Ask yourself “what am I working towards?” Set a photo out where you can see it of whatever it is you want to achieve. For example, if its how you felt the best in a bikini 3 years ago, put that picture out as a reminder or if you want to go on your dream vacation, put a picture of that vacation destination. (we can’t wait to go to our fitness retreat in Costa Rica in March! – anybody want to join us? Contact us to find out more!) Whatever it is that you’re trying to achieve, it’s great to have that vision visible.
- Share your talents. Not only does this benefit others, but it shows you what you’re capable of and seeing the impact you can make on others is a big confidence booster, as well as a powerful motivator for you to shine on!
- Take time to recharge. Motivation sometimes only lasts for so long. Don’t force it; once you’re tapped out, listen to your body and take a break, whether it’s a nap or a walk around the block, or a quick protein shake. (Check out our delicious recipe for our protein smoothie below!) Let your subconscious work on the problem while you take that much needed break.
- Picture yourself succeeding. Think about the final results, whether its your fitness goals, your diploma, or anything you are working on. You’ll get a rush of dopamine, a brain chemical that is strongly associated with motivation.
- Celebrate your achievements. At the end of each day, review what you have accomplished, and give yourself a high five! It’s easy to get overwhelmed by what you still have to do, but seeing how far you’ve come can keep you going until you get it done!
- Focus on what makes you happy. Express gratitude. Think about 5 things you are grateful for when you wake up every morning – Gratitude is a great way to start your day by promoting happiness and positivity.
We hope these tips help you become inspired for the week ahead and that you can implement them into your daily habits. We all have 24 hours in a day….let’s use them all in the best possible way! 🙂
Committed to your success,
The GetFitNow Team