Check out these Healthy Snacks Get Fit Now Approved!
Are you ready to indulge without going backwards in your nutrition.
Check out some of our favorite Healthy Snack idea’s your friends and family will love!
We want to warn you! Total time for this recipe is 24 hrs. 15 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Serves: 8, 2 each
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 lb. cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, finely chopped
- ½ medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium Serrano chiles (or jalapenos), seeded and deveined, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ tsp. sea salt16 endive leaves
1. Combine lime juice and shrimp in a medium bowl; mix well. Marinate, covered, in the refrigerator, for 6 to 24 hours.
2. Combine shrimp mixture, cucumber, onion, chiles (if desired), and tomato in a large bowl; mix well.
3. Add avocado, cilantro, and salt; toss gently to blend.
4. Evenly portion shrimp mixture into endive leaves. Serve two leaves for each portion.
Total time: 20 min.
- 12 large hard-boiled eggs (see Tip), peeled
- ⅓ cup nonfat cottage cheese
- ¼ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives or scallion greens
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Paprika for garnish
- Halve eggs lengthwise with a sharp knife. Gently remove the yolks. Place 16 yolk halves in a food processor (discard the remaining 8 yolk halves). Add cottage cheese, mayonnaise, chives (or scallion greens), relish, mustard and salt; process until smooth.
- Spoon about 2 teaspoons yolk mixture into each egg white half. Sprinkle with paprika, if desired.
Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Tip: To hard-boil eggs: Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook at the barest simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour out hot water and cover the eggs with ice-cold water. Let stand until cool enough to handle before peeling.
Spicy Pineapple Chicken Kabobs
- 1 pound package of Gold’n Plump All Natural Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Portions
- 1 bag of mini orange, red and yellow peppers
- 1 onion
- 20 oz can pineapple chunks, pineapple juice reserved
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Pineapple Grilling Sauce:
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Start by draining the juice from a 20 ounce can of pineapple chunks into a glass bowl. The pineapple juice will be used for both the marinade and the grilling sauce.
- Mix together ¼ cup of the pineapple juice, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic powder and olive oil.
- Cut each piece of chicken into 6 pieces. Place all of the pieces in the marinade, cover and refrigerate for 4-8 hours.
Pineapple Grilling Sauce:
- In a small saucepan, mix together ½ cup of pineapple juice, honey, sriracha sauce, olive oil and soy sauce. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium high heat. Once it starts to boil, turn the heat down and simmer for 4-6 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
Spicy Pineapple Chicken Kabobs:
- Cut red, orange and yellow peppers into chunks. Slice an onion into chunks. Grab the drained pineapple chunks and the marinated chicken. Thread the ingredients onto 6 kabobs, alternating items, putting 6 pieces of chicken on each kabob. Don’t forget that wooden skewers need to be soaked for 30 minutes before using.
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Brush the pineapple grilling sauce over the kabobs. Lightly oil the grill grates and then place the kabobs on the grill. Cook over medium-high heat, turning and brushing with pineapple grilling sauce often, for 12-15 minutes, until chicken is fully cooked.
Teriyaki Salmon Bites
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 15 mins
- ¼ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 thin slice fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. raw honey
- 1 lb. raw salmon, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced (for garnish; optional)
- Combine soy sauce, water, ginger, garlic, and honey in a medium bowl; whisk to blend.
- Add salmon; toss gently to coat. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Place salmon in an even layer in saucepan; cook for 2 minutes, turn each salmon cube, cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes, or until salmon flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Place salmon on a serving plate. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onion (if desired). Place a toothpick in each piece of salmon.
Buffalo Quinoa Bites
Makes about 30-32 quinoa bites
- 2 cups / 11 oz / 300 gr cooked quinoa (you’ll need to cook about 1 cup of quinoa)
- 4 free-range organic eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (I used Gillian’s gluten-free breadcrumbs)
- 30 ½-inch cubes mozzarella
- ½ stick uncured butter
- ½ cup hot sauce (I used Frank’s Red Hot)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine quinoa, eggs, tomato paste, salt, garlic powder, paprika, and black pepper into a bowl.
- Add breadcrumbs and stir in well. Let mixture sit for a couple of minutes so that the breadcrumbs can absorb the moisture.
- Scoop 1 heaping tablespoon of quinoa mixture and with dampened hands make quinoa balls – placing one cube of mozzarella into the middle of the ball and forming a smooth ball around the mozzarella. Repeat to form about all quinoa bites.
- Place quinoa bites onto the lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime make the sauce. Combine the hot sauce and butter in a small saucepan on medium heat (or place in a microwave safe bowl for 2 minutes on high).
- After 15 minutes, remove baking sheet from the oven, gently turn quinoa bites (they should have browned a little) and top with buffalo sauce.
- Put back in the oven and bake for another 8 minutes.
- Serve hot (with celery sticks and blue cheese dip if you want to be authentic).
- 4 ripe Hass avocados
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 8 dashes hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
- 1/2 cup small-diced red onion (1 small onion)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium tomato, seeded, and small-diced
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits, and scoop the flesh out of their shells into a large bowl. (I use my hands.)
- Immediately add the lemon juice, hot sauce, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper and toss well.
- Using a sharp knife, slice through the avocados in the bowl until they are finely diced. Add the tomatoes.
- Mix well and taste for salt and pepper.
Healthy White Bean with Avocado and Cilantro
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 1/2 a large, ripe avocado
- 1/3-1/2 jalapeno, seeds/veins removed
- 2 cloves garlic
- a handful of fresh spinach
- 2-3 TBSP fresh lime juice
- 2 TBSP fresh cilantro, plus extra to taste
- 2 TBSP olive oil, plus extra to garnish
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Dippers: sliced cucumber, tortilla chips, pita chips, any veggie ever, any carb ever, + your fingers
- Drain and rinse your beans and combine in a food processor [or blender!] with all of the above ingredients.
- Whip until creamy, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Serve a room temperature with your favorite dippers and a drizzle of olive oil!
We hope you love these recipes!
<3 The Get Fit Now Team
p.s if you would like more delicious recipes like these email: firstname.lastname@example.org and see how you can get started on our Get Fit Now Meal Plan with over 400+ Delicious Recipes the whole family will love!