Goals. Set it. Meet it. Repeat.
Ahhh…a brand new week to focus on what goals we would like to set and achieve for the week. Here are some easy, but very useful tips to help you attain them.
- Keep a water bottle with you at all times and drink from it often. Water should always be your drink of choice. Try adding lemon, lime, cucumber or some berries of your choice to liven up the flavor without adding significant calories.
- Look at exercise as a privilege and a pleasure, not a chore or burden. Think about the positive changes exercise will do for you. Get excited about your workouts and make sure to schedule it in your to-do list. Better yet, create a schedule and pencil in the day before instead of leaving it to “chance” or waiting to “find” the time. You are worth it!
- Eat well-balaced meals and remember that excess calories = excess weight. Always be sure to include some protein with each meal.
- Keep a daily food journal of EVERYTHING you eat. This includes any time you grab a handful of nuts, or the last few bites of your child’s leftover mac and cheese. Write down all of it!
- Try to take your exercise to new levels of intensity. Mix it up a bit. Try to take a walk after work.
- Stop focusing on weight loss and focus on fitness. Measure success by not only the number on the scale, but by the way your clothes fit and your energy level.
- Stick with eating plans and meal prepping so that you will not be tempted to cheat. Remember that no matter how hard you are working out, if you are consuming too many calories, you’ll never see the muscles that are beneath the body fat. You really are what you eat! Fruits and veggies are full of beta-carotene, which helps your skin repair itself and prevent premature aging and cell damage. (Now put down those French fries!) 😉
- Also, get proper amounts of sleep so your muscles can recover. Did you know that an added bonus of exercising regularly is that you will fall asleep faster and sleep more soundly! And there’s a reason they call it “beauty sleep” – sleep deprivation lowers circulation, which in turn causes the pale washed-out look in the morning. Getting a sufficient amount of sleep at night will keep you looking healthy and rid yourself of the dark circles under your eyes!
Remember….muscles are torn in the gym, fed in the kitchen and built in bed! =)
Check out this awesome workout video to get rid of the dreaded “bat wings”!
Whenever you feel like quitting, remember why you started! You have to MAKE changes to SEE changes! Don’t expect to see a change if you don’t make one! Here at Get Fit Now Fitness Studio, we will get you on track, keep you motivated, and promise if you set your goals and stick with our plan, you WILL see the results you want! Contact us now, and lets get started on your journey to fitness and health!
The Get Fit Now Team