We here at GetFitNow know that sometimes it’s hard to exercise when you’re on the go. You wake up, drive to work, work for 8 hours straight and by the time you get home, you’re too exhausted to squeeze in that hour workout you had planned.
Working out takes commitment, time and effort so in order to get the results you want, you have to stay consistent with your workouts along with your nutritional diet. If you’re not committed, it can be easy to slump back into your usual sedentary routine. However, here are some small ideas on how to sneak more steps and cardio into your day to keep you up and moving!
1. Walk while talking – Simply pace yourself while talking on the phone.
2. Lift while watching – When you’re just sitting at the home watching T.V., pick up a dumbbell and get a mini workout while laughing to your favorite show.
3. Suck in your gut – This will help strengthen your core while also improving your posture.
4. Squeeze your butt cheeks – This is a great way to work for that booty you want.
5. Laugh more – Laughing is an aerobic workout so hang out with the funniest people you know!
6. Stand while working – This can ease your lower back pain while helping you burn calories.
7. Take the stairs instead of using the elevator – Walking up the stairs will do wonders for your legs, plus you can avoid awkward elevator moments with coworkers.
8. Park in the last row of the supermarket – You’ll also get the extra workout from carrying the bags!
9. Window shopping – Try not to buy anything, there’s no need to sacrifice your bank account.
10. Tell your worker in person rather than by email – Deliver the news in person so you can get in those extra steps at the office.
If you’re wondering how you can stay fit during your summer vacation, we also wrote a post HERE on how you can do just that! It’s hard to stay fit when you’re on the road, in a different country or maybe just at work, so make sure you use these tips to keep your activity up and your body happy.
If you’re looking for a nice quick workout to do, check out our SWEAR-BY THIGH WORKOUT or our favorite exercises to BUILD YOUR BEST BUTT. Both are amazing workouts that really makes you feel the burn in a short period of time!
Good luck and we hope you have an amazing week!
The GetFitNow Team