Do you sometimes feel sore after an intense workout? Do your muscles ache? Does your body feel fatigued? Well, let us tell you one of our favorite things is to soak in a nice warm bath of Epson salts.
An Epson salt bath helps muscles relax, as well as recover so you can have an awesome workout at Get Fit Now Fitness Studio the next day! 😉
Is Epson salt really a salt? No. It is actually a natural mineral compound of magnesium and sulfate. Sometimes referred to as the “Natural Remedy” These minerals are easily absorbed into the skin and are beneficial to our well-being.
Here are a few of the benefits of Epson salt bathing:
- Eases stress and relaxes the body.
- Relieves pain and muscle cramps.
- Helps muscles and nerves function properly.
- Helps prevent hardening of arteries and blood clots.
- Makes insulin more effective.
- Relieves constipation.
- Eliminates toxins from the body.
- Helps your legs come back from a BIG DAY OF SQUATS 😉
Next time you feel tired or sore, take some time out to grab a bag of Epson salt. We recommend Dr. Teals Eucalyptus and Spearmint Epson Salt. A 3 pound bag costs about $6.00 at CVS or Target. You can also purchase a 6 pound standard fragrance free bag for about the same price. But the added benefit of the Eucalyptus and Spearmint is the aromatherapy. . . breathing in the wonderful, relaxing aroma adds to the whole bath experience!
How to create the most relaxing bath experience:
1. Draw the bath. Careful not to make the water too hot – or it becomes difficult to get into the tub. Temperature of the water will be about 38 degrees Celsius /100 degrees Fahrenheit. You will know what is best.
2. As the water is filling – add in 1 cup of Epson salt to the running water in order to distribute it throughout.
3. In the meantime set up the mood. Prepare some soothing soft music nearby, light a candle, and dim the lights. Additional mood boosters are: a bath pillow and a warm washcloth over your eyes (made from fresh running tap water).
4. Get into the bath carefully. Lie back and breathe deeply. Forget the day.
5. Soak in the bath about 15-20 minutes.Do not use soap or other bath products, do not wash, rinse off, or shower.
6. When finished, wrap yourself in a big fluffy towel and simply pat yourself dry to allow the Epson salt to stay on your skin.
We hope you enjoyed this information and take advantage of treating your body with the love and respect it deserves. Have a FABulous day and make the most of every moment!
Committed to your success,